There are tons of productivity apps that are free to use for more than just notes, calendars and tasks that come installed on devices. We're going to speak about free productivity apps from third-party providers that will extend your productivity further, for little cost.
Free & Paid Productivity Apps
Nothing is free in this world. The majority of tools are not totally free, even some of the tools within this list, most require a premium subscription to get the full benefit of the tool.
You can always use the free version of a lot of apps, but sometimes if you want to take the experience further, you will have to pay.
Essentially, most tools have limitations and aren't always truly free.
Best Free Productivity Apps: Summarised
Let's give you a short window into the list ahead and what they can offer you:
- Raycast - this is a keyboard-based productivity app that saves times with quick tasks
- Zoom Mail - inside the popular video conferencing tool Zoom Mail handles your emails
- Apple Freeform - collaboration tool for iPad and macOS users to bring ideas together
- Everyday Habits - great to tracking habits on the web or on new Chrome Tab
- Clay - a personal CRM tool for managing relationships with other people
- Miro - a great way to visually bring ideas together as a team or individual
- Loom - save time with meetings and send a Loom recording to save energy
Hopefully this list spans the various areas of productivity workflows for you.
Raycast is a keyboard shortcut tool, much like the Spotlight tool you have on Mac, Raycast allows you to navigate your Mac using just keyboard shortcuts, creating a super-fast experience. You can open apps inside Raycast to save time instead of clicking around and looking for certain apps you need.
Zoom Mail is an added experience for Zoom users. It's great for checking and working through emails whilst in the Zoom application, so you can manage meetings, notes and mail all in one place. Therefore providing a more productive, and faster experience.
3. Apple Freeform - for collaborating with other Apple users
Freeform is a collaborative whiteboard app for your team/friends with FaceTime.
Apple Freeform provides a free collaborative experience for teams to work on projects together in real-time. With Apple Freeform you can see who is doing what, and you can also be on Facetime whilst working together. It's an open whiteboard creative experience.
4. Everyday Habits - a great habit tracking application
Score your best streak and manage all your good and bad habits in one place.
Type of Tool
A beautiful habit-tracking application that uses science to create a visually appealing space for creating habit streaks. This app helps you create healthy habits and break the bad ones. You can customise this to use different colours and analyse your progress visually.
5. Clay - for managing your business relationships
Clay is like a Rolodex app for managing relationships across different business-type platforms. This is useful for freelancers and others who need to stay in the loop. You can connect this with your LinkedIn to receive updates and reminders on what to do, and when you should contact someone.
6. Miro - for collaborating and bringing ideas in one place
Collaborate with your team in all settings using a collaborative whiteboard app.
Miro provides an interesting experience for collaborating, organising and managing tasks all in one place. It's a very visual application and has these open board spaces to add things like images, notes, videos and more. You can collaborate in real-time with your team, or use Miro to organise and store your knowledge.
7. Loom - reduce daily meetings for remote teams
An async, remote method of communication with your team through video recordings.
Type of Tool
Loom is an asynchronous application for sending videos to your team. It cuts out the need for arranging meetings to talk about issues or problems. Instead, you can create a short video about how to do something, send it to your team and it can be watched over and over again.
- Free & Paid Productivity Apps
- Best Free Productivity Apps: Summarised
- 1. Raycast - for handling tasks with your keyboard
- 2. Zoom Mail - for handling your emails
- 3. Apple Freeform - for collaborating with other Apple users
- 4. Everyday Habits - a great habit tracking application
- 5. Clay - for managing your business relationships
- 6. Miro - for collaborating and bringing ideas in one place
- 7. Loom - reduce daily meetings for remote teams
Join 6,000+ Readers Finding Productivity Tools
Subscribe to Tool Digest and join 6,000+ people finding productivity software.
Explore More Productivity Lists of Apps
More best lists of apps on Tool Finder