Co-ordinate all your tasks, objectives, type of tasks, and other popular apps like Todoist, ClickUp, Gmail, Notion inside one base. This is the mindful daily planner.
What is Sunsama & who's it best for?
Think of Sunsama as your to-do app and calendar management in one experience. We call these types of productivity apps - daily planner apps - they help you organize the week but in a bit more a structured fashion and Sunsama lives up to this offering.
Sunsama offers a way for you to tally what you want to do for the week, see your events coming up, import tasks from other popular project management apps and even get some indirect help planning where and how many tasks go into your to-do list for the day.
Sunsama really works well for people in the hunt for a more mindful to-do app but with the ability to calendar block and with a healthier nature to it. Sunsama also doesn't cater to a low budget with one of the more expensive options on the market.
Here's the bits of Sunsama we think shine (sorry for the pun):
- Task Consolidation - Like Akiflow, Sunsama offers integrations that allow you to import tasks in from other project management apps and task apps. Perfect for building your own hub and view of tasks for the day ahead.
- Guided Planning - This is a perfect feature for making sure you get support planning your day and not overloading yourself. This is why we reference "mindful planner" thanks to the hand-holding nature of Sunsama.
- Focus Mode - Fantastic modes to start timers and really drill into one task, including notes for meetings in calendar mode too. A hidden gem of Sunsama.
- Objective Based - This is a neat feature if you're in the hunt to associate tasks to goals. Goals can be assigned weekly and perfect for zooming out on your time spent.
Here's a few elements that could be better:
- Laggy Speeds - sometimes Sunsama has a moment when switching between to-do app and calendar app. This is more common on the desktop version.
- Condensed Mobile - we like this, but some don't. Sunsama has a condensed, more read-only app on the go. Ideal for overlooking your to-do's than managing them.
- Pricey Option - the pricing is on the higher end of the spectrum as listed below.
Sunsama is priced at $20 per month or annually $4 cheaper per month at $16 which equates to $192 per year. This is definitely on the higher scale of to-do apps, so if you're in the hunt for lower cost ones - we'd recommend looking at to-do list applications.
Sunsama is super for those who want a bit more help and structure balancing work and life.
The features of this daily planner are unique and do allow you to make better weekly plans and even craft better decisions around how you spend your time, something many of us get into or struggle with. This is going to be perfect if you're in the hunt for a good-looking, easy to use, mindful and practical app and budget isn't in mind when hunting.
With this too, Sunsama has task consolidation that will save you time managing tasks in multiple locations much like Akiflow.
There's lots of newer daily planner applications floating around the market and here's some of them to consider as Sunsama alternatives: