What is Motion?
Motion is a more advanced task management system claiming abilities for tasks, calendars and “AI Assistants”. Motion has been gaining traction with those struggling to plan their day.
Much like Sunsama, Motion offers abilities to plan tasks but goes further by organizing the day for you, using your presets and smart AI abilities to learn about you each time.
Highly-priced, many people call this the tool for CEOs and executives, Motion comes in at $23 per month and changes per annual and monthly rates. But much like Sunsama offers daily planner-like abilities.
More recently, they have offered Motion for Teams - a more advanced tool for team calendars and task lists.
Key Features of Motion
These are some key features of Motion:
- Simple and user-friendly interface for easy task management
- Ability to create and organize tasks into projects and categories
- Option to add notes, due dates, and reminders to tasks
- Collaboration features for sharing tasks with team members and assigning tasks to individuals
- Option to track time spent on tasks and generate reports
- Customizable tags and filters for easy sorting and searching of tasks
- Data backup and sync across devices using iCloud
- Dark mode for improved visibility and reduced eye strain
Motion's Smarter Calendar
There are a few features in Motion that present good add-ons to your task management experience. This will be great for those who want to book meetings without leaving the task list and have them re-schedule or time block
- Intelligent Calendar - Motion helps to re-arrange your calendar based on the busyness of your day, with meetings, presets you may have and your own tasks using time blocking to do this. They pride themselves on claiming AI does this, to help remove effort.
- Intelligent Tasks - Same goes with tasks, Motion offers an ability to add tasks quickly, including their mobile app. Offering a set of inputs, that help them use presets to help prepare the to-do list for you. For example, add ASAP and it’ll rank it higher inside the list but takes your calendar into context too.
Is Motion Right for Me?
Motion is best suited for larger teams looking for something to take over their complete task and project management. Since you only need one application to do the job, time is saved, productivity us boosted, and Motion even claims to add an extra month to your year.
Motion is a more expensive option when it comes to the task management realm - but it does combine the intelligent calendar which can be managed with tools like Calendly & SoCal - it also presents more of a executive manager for your tasks too.
Alternatives to Motion are the likes of Akiflow, Sunsama and Todoist.