What is Google Calendar?
Google Calendar is the best free, easy-to-use calendar.
Planning events, booking appointments, managing video calls and sharing your calendar is all possible on the Google-created experience. You can use alongside Docs, Meet, Tasks and more with the power of Google Workspace.
A well known easy to use calendar application everyone loves!
Key Features of Google Calendar
Here's all the features of Google Calendar to check out:
- Scheduling: Google Calendar allows users to create and manage events, appointments, meetings, and reminders.
- Integration: It integrates with other Google services such as Gmail, Drive, and Meet.
- Sharing and collaboration: Users can share their calendars with others and set permissions for viewing and editing.
- Mobile access: Google Calendar is available as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
- Syncing: It automatically syncs events across all devices and platforms.
- Customization: Users can customize the color, time zone, and notification settings for their calendars.
- Recurring events: It allows users to create recurring events, such as weekly meetings or monthly appointments.
- Invitations: Users can invite guests to events and receive RSVPs.
- Reminders: It provides reminders for upcoming events through email, notifications, or pop-up alerts.
- Time management: It includes features such as "find a time" and "suggested times" to help users schedule events at convenient times.
- Search functionality: Users can search their calendars for specific events or keywords.
- Holiday calendars: It includes pre-set holiday calendars for different countries and religions.
- Weather integration: It can show weather information for upcoming events.
Great tips here about using calendar daily and how to best manage:
Is Google Calendar Good?
Google Calendar is a great decision if you want a simple calendar that works well.
Reliable, easy-to-use and Google centric - Google Calendar is free to use and works well for basic and every day practical uses. It also is an operating system for more calendars, which means you can use a 3rd party experience on top too.
Some people might not like Google Calendar, as it is owned by Google - hence the name - but it powers the majority of the apps we mention here on Tool Finder.