Reviewed by Francesco D'Alessio
Think of Trello is the most classic productivity software used by individuals and teams worldwide. Now owned by Atlassian and growing with features every month.
What is Trello and who's it for?
Trello is a project management software for a wide spectrum. It can be used for both individuals to manage their own schedules, or teams who want to collaborate across kanban boards, tables and calendars on the marketing campaign.
One of the most approachable project management applications which Trello shares, in our opinion, with the likes of tools like Asana which make that a favourite amongst teams.
Specialists will find this tool good, but generalist will love Trello. It offers an array of views, great details of each card and lots of integrations built into "power-ups" with a large marketplace for connecting and looping in better workflows.
Some of the many. features inside of Trello for project management:
- Board Organization: Trello's board-based organization system allows you to visually manage projects and tasks, making it easy to see the big picture and track progress. Use lists and cards to create a workflow that suits your needs and preferences.
- Customizable Cards: Enhance cards with descriptions, checklists, labels, attachments, and more, providing all the necessary context and details for each task. This ensures that you have all the information you need to stay productive in one place
- Team Collaboration: Invite team members to join your boards, enabling real-time collaboration and communication. This feature allows for efficient teamwork and ensures that everyone stays on the same page.
- Drag-and-Drop Functionality: Trello's intuitive drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to move cards between lists or reorder tasks, allowing you to quickly update priorities and adjust your workflow as needed.
- Labels and Filters: Use labels and filters to categorize and organize your cards, making it simple to find and manage specific tasks. Customize label colors and names to suit your unique project requirements.
- Notifications and Reminders: Stay on top of your work with notifications and reminders for due dates, mentions, and other important updates. This feature ensures that you never miss a deadline or overlook a critical task.
- Power-Ups: Enhance your Trello experience with Power-Ups, integrations that connect Trello to other apps and tools. By integrating your favorite tools, you can streamline your tasks and boost your overall productivity.
- Templates: Save time and maintain consistency by using Trello's pre-built templates or creating your own. Templates provide a helpful starting point for common project management tasks, ensuring that you stay organized and focused.
- Offline Access: With offline access, you can continue to work on your boards even when you don't have an internet connection. This feature ensures that you can stay productive and access your information anytime, anywhere.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Trello syncs across all your devices, allowing you to access and edit your boards from any platform. Whether you're using a smartphone, tablet, or computer, your boards will always be up-to-date and available.
- Calendar Integration: Connect your Trello boards to your calendar for seamless scheduling and time management. By integrating your tasks and events, you can better plan and prioritize your work.
- Automation: Utilize Trello's built-in automation features, such as Butler, to streamline repetitive tasks and processes. Automate card creation, due date reminders, and more to save time and improve your workflow.
- Reporting and Analytics: Gain insights into your team's performance and project progress with Trello's reporting and analytics features. Use data to make informed decisions and optimize your workflow for maximum efficiency.
- Custom Backgrounds: Personalize your Trello experience by adding custom backgrounds to your boards. Choose from a variety of options to create a space that feels truly yours and inspires productivity.
- File Attachments: Attach files and documents directly to cards, making it easy to store and access all relevant information for each task. This feature simplifies collaboration and ensures that everything you need is in one place.
Trello is an all-round project management software that is loved by many.
People tend to like Trello because it is a great visual project management tool with kanban, something a lot of people like to use thanks to ease-of-setup. It also offers more views now, but many people who use it for project management don't like that it hasn't offered as many features to tools like ClickUp and monday.com.
One for many, Trello is a happy choice for a small-medium size teams, including large ones too and also offers a great individual experience too.