Evernote is one of the most original of note-taking applications and designed for the masses. Now it lives under a new owner Bending Spoons with a focus on AI.
What is Evernote and who's it for?
Evernote is one of the world’s most known note-taking applications, launching back in 2007 it offered a unique way to take notes in a friendly environment. Once much loved by fans. Modern note-taking tools and PKM evolved from Evernote — offering a handy way to take notes. An excellent web clipper tool, well-built experience and more recently tasks, calendar and notes.
Evernote offers a friendly way to take notes that much like Todoist you can recommend to most people and they’d get on comfortably with it.
Here are some of the core features of Evernote:
- Tasks Integration: Evernote now allows you to manage your tasks alongside your notes, creating an ideal environment for meeting notes and project planning. This new feature enables you to easily weave tasks and notes together, streamlining your workflow and keeping everything organized.
- Enhanced Task Context: By adding more context to your Evernote notes, you'll enjoy a better overall experience for Getting Things Done management. This feature helps you keep track of your tasks and their corresponding notes, ensuring that you have all the information you need to stay productive in one place.
- Web Clipper: The web clipper is a powerful tool for capturing content from the internet and saving it directly to an Evernote note. Whether you're conducting research or building your Second Brain, the web clipper makes it easy to capture, organize, and format web content for later use.
- Home Dashboard: Evernote's Home dashboard provides a modular way to organize your widgets, notes, tasks, and calendar all in one central location. This customizable space allows you to build a productivity hub that caters to your unique needs and preferences.
- Pinned Notes: The ability to pin important notes directly to your Home dashboard makes it simple to access the information you need quickly. By keeping essential notes front and center, you'll never lose track of important documents or ideas again.
- Background Customization: Personalize your Evernote experience by adding a background to your Home dashboard. Choose from a variety of options to create a space that feels truly yours and inspires productivity.
- Add Widgets: Enhance your Home dashboard even further by adding widgets that suit your needs. From displaying your calendar to showcasing your latest notes, widgets provide additional functionality and customization options for your Evernote workspace.
- Collaborative Notes: Work together with colleagues or friends in real time by sharing and editing notes collaboratively. This feature allows for efficient teamwork and ensures that everyone stays on the same page.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): Evernote's OCR technology enables you to search and organize scanned documents, handwritten notes, and images with ease. No more sifting through physical files or disorganized digital folders – everything you need is at your fingertips.
Evernote is such an all-round note-taking application and despite the rally around Notion being the perfect productivity tool, Evernote still offers a great traditional layout for many.
For those who don't want build-your-own workspaces, Evernote is a neat tool. For those who want world-class capturing of notes, Evernote is great. For those who don't want to build their set-up and follow a system like GTD, this is grand.
Evernote is one of the best traditional note-taking tools. An OG.