Reviewed by Francesco D'Alessio
Detailed Review of Bento: Best Features, Pricing & More
Bento is a task management tool that can also be used for planning, to-dos and goals. It helps you create a workflow system to match your energy and get things done.
What is the Bento app?
Bento is a task management app, but it can also be used for other cases. For example, you can use the Bento app to plan your day, week, goals and much more.
Keep Productive are the creators of both this site, Tool Finder & Bento.
The basis of Bento is to choose three main tasks for the day. A larger task, a medium-sized task and a smaller one. It is up to you how you manage your workflow, maybe you complete the largest task first, or last.
This application is designed to help you achieve more, reduce stress and feel accomplishment at the end of each day. You can create a workflow that weaves into your current system and ensure you get important tasks done. The Bento Methodology is very simple, making this application easy for anyone to begin using.
Key Features of Bento
These are some of the key features of Bento.
- Plan your day with 3 or more large, medium and small tasks.
- Choose from pre-populated templates to get you started.
- Figure out a workflow that suits you, either start with the largest task and work your way down, or mix it up.
- Animated themes bring your application to life, choose from different sceneries and dark modes.
- Use the focus mode timer to enter deep focus and get more work done.
What is the Bento Methodology?
The system is designed to be simple. The concept is focused on three key areas. Pack, flow and focus.
- Pack - Pick 3 tasks that you want to focus on. Packing your box is like preparing a Bento box, sorting it into the various sections. So you will have to create a large, medium and small task - one will fit into each compartment. Helping your prioritise.
- Flow - Once you have your three task - large, medium and small. You can choose the order in which you do them. This matters to your type of flow, some people like to start with the big task, others the smaller task.
- Focus - The focus element is about picking one task, starting a timer and narrowing your attention into that one task. This id designed to produce better, quality result.
Is Bento A Good Choice For Me?
Bento is designed to work alongside other productivity applications, not replace them. If you feel like you need to streamline your workflow better or create a deeper focus on important tasks, then this application could be a great app for you to weave into your current productivity system.
This is not going to replace tools like Todoist or Motion. However, it will be a better way to prioritise your tasks using a more system-based approach, some people will find this helpful, others not.