This review will focus on the gantt chart software experience inside of TeamGantt for managing a project and getting a team collaborating in a main base for their timeline.
What is TeamGantt and who's it for?
TeamGantt is an online Gantt chart maker for teams to use to manage their timelines and progression through a project.
TeamGantt offers their gantt chart ability as free for all users and locks their more premium project management software behind a paywall that includes lists, boards, calendar, workload management and lots more. A lot of people like to manage their gantt chart and then express it in different project management views and TeamGantt can do this.
Here's our thoughts on the features of TeamGantt.
Here are some key features of TeamGantt, an online Gantt chart-making application.
- Free Gantt Chart - for all users there is a free gantt chart experience that TeamGantt use as their loss leader to get you into the full project management experience locked under a pro account, but it works great and manages your gantt process.
- Filters & Views - within the free gantt charts you can use a range of filters to break down days and timelines, assignees and even colour coded setup for the more visual. This is a great way to break into the data you've organized inside of TeamGantt.
- Dependencies & Timelines - you can use these to better align your timeline, add dependencies, tasks, groups of tasks and even milestones to add clarity to your progression. Inside here you can add detail to each task like progress, dates, sub-checklists, files and comments too.
- Comments & Discussions - this is perfect for team collaboration and helps to clarify the discussions per task in TeamGantt making it more granular.
Verdict: Who is TeamGantt Best For?
TeamGantt wants to be your free gantt chart but so much more. Packing away a project management software in there will allow your team to fully extend their reach for managing gantt charts turning them into lists, boards, calendars and much more.
This is best for teams that visually plan and want to begin to trial the experience before committing. From our tests, we were impressed by the experience for managing gantt charts and the customisation you got on the free plan for this. Not bad!
Subject to change naturally, TeamGantt has a pro pricing giving your team access to the whole project management experience.
- That is $59.99 per manager - a manager gets 20 projects and the definition of a manager and collaborator is pretty much that a manager controls, collaborators update details and not the project as a whole.
- There is a lower rung and higher rung pricing too - starting from $24.99 per month.
GanttPro is one of the more direct competitors to the TeamGantt experience.