What is Logseq?
Logseq is a note-taking and knowledge management application that helps users organize their ideas and information using a block-based structure.
With Logseq, you can create blocks of information, which can be nested and linked to other blocks, making it easy to create a web of interconnected thoughts and ideas.
Their head of community explores how Logseq Ramses Oudt:
Key Features of Logseq?
Logseq presents similar features to tools like Obsidian and Roam Research, but comes as an underdog in the PKM note-taking market. Here are some of the core features:
- Block-based structure: Logseq organizes notes into blocks, which can be nested and linked to other blocks. This makes it easy to create a web of interconnected ideas and information.
- Backlinks: Every block in Logseq has a backlink section that shows all the other blocks that link to it. This makes it easy to see how different ideas are related and to trace the connections between them.
- Graph view: Logseq has a graph view that shows the relationships between blocks in a visual way. This can help users to see patterns and connections that might not be immediately apparent in a text-based view.
- Markdown support: Logseq supports Markdown syntax, making it easy to format text and create headings, lists, and other elements.
- Integrations: Logseq integrates with a range of other tools and platforms, including GitHub, Obsidian, and Roam Research.
- Offline support: Logseq can be used offline, allowing users to access and edit their notes even when they don't have an internet connection.
- Customization: Logseq is highly customizable, with a range of themes, plugins, and settings that can be adjusted to suit individual preferences and workflows.
Here's a great beginners guide we've created with expert Dario DaSilva on how to use and optimise Logseq:
Best Suited For?
Logseq is similar to Obsidian, offering an advanced set of features for the more advanced note-takers out there with a few bolt-on experiences like flashcards, whiteboards (similar to Obsidian canvas) and "real-time" add-ons coming soon.
Logseq itself presents itself as a software that adds features and listens to their community with a range of devices available and a great alternative as a PKM tool out there.
One to look at for your PKM selection for note-taking.