What is Slack?
Slack is a team communication tool, probably the most well-known one in the space.
Like Microsoft Teams, it is a great way to chat with teams members - even via video, screen-sharing and screen recordings for later. Slack have grown into a larger tool since they have been purchased by Salesforce and now offer a handful of tools to embed Salesforce into the workflow for those use the CRM tool for their work.
Slack offers threads for chat, a host of integrations and smaller, more recent features like Huddles for non-video calls post-meetings.
Key Features of Slack
Here are some of the notable features of Slack:
- Organized conversations through channels for improved focus and collaboration
- Direct messages for private, one-on-one chats
- Threaded discussions within channels for organized follow-ups
- File sharing within conversations for seamless collaboration
- Integration with a vast ecosystem of third-party applications
- Powerful search capabilities for locating past conversations and files
- Built-in voice and video calls with screen sharing support
- Customizable notifications and reminders
- User-friendly mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Enterprise-grade security features, including single sign-on, two-factor authentication, and data encryption
Best Suited for?
Formerly Slack was poor with a-sync, remote teams - not like specialist tools like Twist, but now it has very much presented features like threads, a-sync recordings etc. to address that, Slack is a great all-round tool with more customisation than Microsoft Team offers.