Reviewed by Francesco D'Alessio
Paymo wants to be your team's way to manage clients, invoices and projects associated with clients all in one place. Think of it as a one-stop hub for projects & time tracking.
What is Paymo and who's it for?
Paymo isn't a regular project management software. It's designed very uniquely for those who want to manage clients and the bills, invoices and time associated with that said client.
Whilst it has features like task management, project views like board, gantt, table and calendar, the best bits of Paymo are actually tucked into the invoicing, client management and also the timesheets that not only track time but allow you to book time with your team to work on said workload per client.
Paymo wants to be your base for everything client based and probably best for teams that interact with hourly time management, retainers and anything time & project based.This is not going to be a replacement for monday.com or ClickUp, more towards a specific use case as each project is centered around time and invoice management.
Or at least is ideal for these situations and of course can be used around it, just not ideal.
Paymo Features: Best Bits
There's loads of features inside Paymo but here's our best bits:
- Invoice Management - One of the fan favourite features is that you can build, send and collect payments for your invoicing via Paymo. You can create a lovely looking invoice, send it out and connect payment systems like Stripe and PayPal in settings. The invoices actually look decent when they get sent out and can be recurring or one-off setups.
- Client Based Projects - Each project can be defined around a new client you scored and this is perfect because both time tracking and invoice management is actually inside of the projects built-in meaning each project you create associated to a client makes the whole client management process perfection.
- Team Scheduling - Bookings means you can book people in your team to work on set allocated work per client or per project. This is ideal when it comes to managing what your team are working on and serves as a workload management system you find in tools like TeamGantt and GanttPRO common with traditional project managers.
- Reasonable Pricing - There's a great free plan and low-cost pricing which means this is perfect for slowly upgrading in feature sets and accessibility. Even the main pricing systems are not crazy monthly.
Paymo Features: Cons
Here's what we didn't like inside of Paymo
- Overwhelm - Paymo is filled with features. It can actually be overwhelming. Business plan users get a free onboarding but from setting up, you'll need to make sure you take a tutorial as the experience packs in a lot and hides a lot too.
Paymo is pretty well priced when it comes to project management software. There most common plan "Small Office" actually per person is not bad. Yes, some of the gantt and team scheduling features are locked under their more expensive "Business" plan but this is lower and in-line with other project management software on the market, if not lower.
This is great if you're looking for a client focused project management experience. We can see freelancers, agencies and consultants using this puppy for managing everything. A hub for everything you need as a growing and expanding team.
Paymo is a versatile project management and time-tracking solution suitable for freelancers, small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), creative professionals, remote teams, agencies, consultants, and various professional service providers.
With its comprehensive features for project management, task assignment, time tracking, invoicing, and collaboration, Paymo helps streamline operations and enhance productivity.
We can't think of any right now, but we'll add some if they do come up, otherwise explore all project management software to find the right one for you.