Reviewed by Francesco D'Alessio
Microsoft OneNote Review
Best Features, Pricing, Alternatives & Verdict
Students will find OneNote easy to use, interactive with iPads, and great for organizing notes into a notebook-style system. Works great for academic & other note uses.
What is Microsoft Onenote?
Microsoft OneNote is a digital note-taking app that allows users to create and organize notes flexibly and intuitively. This is part of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem.
What is Microsoft OneNote used for?
OneNote offers a wide range of features, including support for multiple formats such as text, images, audio, and video, powerful organizational tools, collaboration features, and integration with other apps and services.
OneNote is accessible across devices and platforms, making it a popular choice for users who want to take notes and access them from anywhere. OneNote has also started working with Microsoft Loop too.
Microsoft OneNote Features
These are some key features of Microsoft Onenote, perfect for notes:
- Support for multiple formats such as text, images, audio, and video
- Great ways to organize inside. including notebooks, sections, and pages, as well as tags and categories
- Well-built connection to other Microsoft Office tools and even third-party apps such as Google Drive and Evernote
- Customise the dashboard, including the ability to create custom templates and formatting styles
- Accessibility across devices and platforms, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
- Powerful search functionality to quickly find notes and information
- Encryption and password protection for added security
- Audio recording and transcription features
- Ink-to-text and ink-to-shape conversion for users with touch-enabled devices.
Microsoft OneNote Verdict
Perfect for students, teachers and those who want a reliable way to take notes.
Microsoft OneNote is a great application for students & those looking for a notebook-style experience with notes in colored notebooks. However, those already within the Microsoft ecosystem will also benefit from using the application since they may already understand the complexity and how to navigate the app.