Best Features, Pricing, Alternatives & Opinion
Turning your habits into a fun game makes Habitica a catch for kids, adults & all who want to challenge themselves and build effective habits.
What is Habitica?
Habitica is a game-focused habit-tracker that turns habits into challenges to help collect weapons, armour & more.
You can track habits and tasks - but the unique difference is it is like a game, allowing you to create worlds, add rules, and build lists that are rewarded for each time you complete them. Collecting items and building your character's virtual journey is one of the key objectives to Habitica. You can also connect with friends and others to build spaces together.
Best Features of Habitica
Here are all of the features inside this habit-tracking app:
- Habit tracking and productivity app that uses gamification elements to motivate users to achieve their goals.
- Customizable avatar creation.
- Rewards system for completing tasks and building good habits.
- Four main features: Habits, Dailies, To-dos, and Rewards.
- Habit tracking with a +/- system.
- Daily tasks that users want to complete every day or on specific days of the week.
- One-time tasks that users need to complete.
- Rewards include items or experiences that users can purchase with in-app currency earned by completing tasks and building good habits.
- Social element allows users to join or create groups, participate in challenges, and compete with friends.
- Available on the web and as a mobile app for iOS and Android.
Habitica presents a fun way to handle habits and tasks.
It could be viewed as something a bit more distracting from actual work, managing all this virtual world - when the world around you could be more pressing. But for many Habitica has given them an opportunity to structure their habits and tasks in a much more appealing fashion.
We wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but Habitica presents a great starting point for gamifying your habits and seeing what major tasks you can do on your journey too.