Backlog is a simple and easy-to-use all-in-one project management tool to organise and work on tasks, projects and more with your team.
What is Backlog and who’s it for?
Backlog is an online project management tool for developers and teams to work together on projects and tasks. You can start by adding projects, splitting them into tasks and assigning them to team members. From here you can add due dates and requirements to make sure everyone is working on the same track.
Create a wiki for each project so team members have a base to go to, you can also consolidate all tasks and projects in one place to have a better overview of what's going on.
Overall, Backlog is a great app for developers and project management teams to have an overview of all projects and tasks. You can assign tasks, see stats, and view progress on Kanban.
Backlog Pros - All in One
Here are a few best features and pros for using Backlog for managing projects.
- Consolidate - Consolidate all tasks and projects in one place with their own wikis and workflows. This makes it easy to see everything going on inside a whole project.
- Track your workflow - Keep track of bugs, coding and everything else in the background with Backlog, this helps with preventing issues and problems in the project.
- Visual tools - Use visual tools such as Kanban boards, Gantt charts and more to have a better visual overview of your project, here you can also manage any issues, see who is working on what and see an end goal for the project.
- Code collaboration - Create code with others in the background, add reviewers, and refer to previous solutions to avoid future problems.
Backlog Cons - Limitations
Backlog does have some limitations when it comes to managing projects.
- Moving issues - Some reviewers have touched upon not being able to easily move issues between projects.
- Sub-tasks - Some have also said it's not that flexible or easy to create subtasks or different levels for projects.
Backlog is a nice and simple tool for developers to work on projects and collaborate on codes together. If you are looking for an all-in-one space to work inside with your smaller team it might be a good option.
Here are some other Backlog alternatives you might like.