Reviewed by Francesco D'Alessio
Microsoft Teams Review
Best Features, Pricing, Opinion & More
An ideal hub for communication for teams managing meetings, calendar, chat and so much more if you use Microsoft 365 all in one location.
What is Microsoft Teams and who's it for?
Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool within the Microsoft ecosystem. Teams, Schools, Businesses and other enterprises use Microsoft teams to have virtual meetings, collaborate on ideas, express their thoughts and work together.
Microsoft Teams is a solid team communication app used by many, from large companies to primary schools! You can communicate in multiple forms using Teams; you can hold virtual meetings, or use Messenger to chat.
Microsoft Teams Features
These are some key features of Microsoft Teams:
- Use the Microsoft Teams whiteboard to brainstorm ideas and collaborate in real-time with your team.
- Set up channels for specific projects or topics, so everyone can easily find relevant information and updates.
- Schedule meetings and appointments using the Teams calendar feature and invite attendees directly from the app.
- Have meetings with your teams, share screens, blur your background and even use ‘together mode’ to make it look as though you are all virtually sat together!
- Work with your team by sharing, editing and working on projects together using other Microsoft tools like Powerpoint and Excel.
- Quickly make and receive calls inside Teams for a quick chat!
- Or, use the chat messenger to send thoughts and ideas. You can use GIFS, stickers and emojis to make it more fun!
Microsoft Teams Verdict
Those already in the Microsoft eco-system will easily enjoy the use of Teams, however, this app is overall best for those who need to work together, communicate often, and easily start a video call.
Microsoft Teams is activated by most teams using Microsoft 365 products. This helps them chat remotely and in-person too. Teams is one of the more modern pillars of a team's productivity stack.
Microsoft Teams Alternatives
Whilst Microsoft Teams is a very popular experience alternatives include Zoom which has newly introduced calendar and mail experiences alongside chat and meetings.